Friday 18 February 2011

The Reason

After a week and a half of 'me time' I found myself in my pyjamas at midday. That is it. No excuses nothing else, just flannel check pjs as the clock struck twelve and the deep despair of the idle.

I have moved to Edinburgh and found a cosmopolitan, vibrant city brilliant for foodies. And being so free and easy with my time, I plan to go and sample the local produce from sausages to sweeties (trying not to destroy my hopes of a waistline at the same time!).

Another upshot of the move is that I have time to concentrate on two black covered battered books with yellowing, crumbling pages. Pages filled with sloping script of another era. My great Aunt Anne lived in Norfolk and hers was the home of the steamed sponge pudding - these were her books and I am happy to be their custodian.

So I will bake, boil and braise according to these two books and let you know how I get on with those. Sip, nibble and munch my way around delis and gastro delights in my new found home and review as best I can.

Thanks

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment