Friday 18 February 2011

Basic beginnings


This is the first of the recipes I have tried from Aunt Anne - I chose a simple one, that looked like it might work and that was in English rather than the French many are written in.

Shortbread

4 1/2 oz plain flour
3 oz butter
1 1/2 castor sugar
colouring

Rub all together, handle as little as possible. Roll out with sugar and a little flour.


So, as I am beginning to find is the way with most of the recipes, the instructions are a little sparse. Follow them I did though, rolled out a round, crimped the edges, dusted with sugar and put in a fan oven at 180 C for 12 minutes. (I took advice from the brilliant Great British Book Of Baking)


...this is the result. A little over-coloured at the edges so next time I'll use a lower temperature (170 C probably) for a longer time to make it really biscuity. Delicious though.

Oh, I completely ignored the food colouring idea.

Took no time at all and makes the house smell lovely and the hubby really happy.

x
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment