Tuesday 22 February 2011

Ooooo! Soufflé ...

With much trepidation I decided to face one of the many soufflés found in Aunt Anne's books. There are so many that it gave me some sort of confidence that way back then everyone must have been popping perfectly formed fluffy soufflés on the table.

Well, the house smells delicious! I divided the recipe below by 3 as I didn't want to make a giant soufflé (6 eggs!!) but it managed to stretch to 4 ramekins of the good stuff.

100g butter

100g flour

½ ltr milk

Salt and pepper

75g grated cheese

Heat the milk a little.

In another saucepan, melt the butter then stir in the flour. Add the milk little by little.

Beat 6 egg yolks and add the grated cheese and mix with the rest of the mixture.

Season well.

Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the egg yolk mixture.

So having never, yes, never made a soufflé in my life I was really unsure how the mix should look and feel something quite new to me! So I followed the recipe to the letter, preheated the oven to 180 C, greased some moulds and threw it together.

I know that shouldnt work. Isnt that too easy? 30 minutes later I opened the oven expecting a mess of slop and burny bits.

Not very cheesy but very light and tasty!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment